Saturday, September 6, 2014

A New Adventure...

So a couple of days ago I began an adventure that was NOT planned. The Universe has kicked me out into midair, big time. It's scary. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it's painfully uncomfortable. (It has nothing to do with our leaving Facebook, just fyi. Completely different aspect of our lives.)

This may just be my biggest and most amazing opportunity yet to apply these Successfully MidAir tools for the purpose of handling this challenge in an emotionally healthy way.

We (Rick and I) are at the very beginning right now, and it's still possible that it could all turn out to be just a big, scary "nothing." On the other hand, it could also turn out to be a big, scary "something." I don't know yet. What I do know is that a process of discovery has begun, and the drama queen in me is having a field day!

And it's just this kind of thing that I wrote Successfully MidAir for. I say this all the time, and I'm going to say it again here: How I handle this is completely up to me. I ALWAYS get to choose.

I can allow my fear to take over and determine my emotional state and - by extension - my attitude and my behavior.

OR I can take each moment as it comes, deliberately managing my own thoughts, deliberately noticing when my fear is trying to be in control, and deliberately not allowing that to happen.

There are an INFINITE number of ways that we can handle the things that life tosses in our direction, both the gentle-enjoyable stuff and the scary-painful stuff. Each of us as individuals chooses our own way of dealing with things like this. Whether we do it consciously and deliberately... or by default, as a matter of habit... is completely up to us.

2 comments:

  1. I handled it with this mantra - DROP(h) Divine Right Order, Perfect health using a vision of a drop of water containing bits of the Universe. The big scary thing was not easy to get through but in the end my gratitude and positive thoughts turned it into a learning journey. The knowing and KNOWING that it was a no-thing. And in the end, it was just that. Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? I look forward to hearing your thoughts...